Health First CHC
Minimum 2 years’ experience required as a Medical Receptionist or in a Call Center in the medical field. High school diploma required. Excellent guest service, communication and multitasking skills required. Possess a true passion to serve and a desire to help every patient. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish). On the job training provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers incoming calls promptly to answers routine questions and forwards calls to appropriate person.
- Schedules initial or follow up appointments according to clinic protocols.
- Takes messages obtaining patient’s name, DOB, and phone number. Demonstrates the ability to communicate clear and concise messages.
- Provides backup for front desk, which includes but is not limited to:
- Correctly sets up and/or verifies patient information – which could be received by paperwork or imported via Kiosk that includes name, address, phone number, DOB, social security number, pharmacy, income and employment, emergency contact, up to date photo, responsible party or guarantor and insurance information
- Collects insurance information and sets up correctly with carrier.
- Collect co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible amount.
- Generates patient receipts.
- Informs patients of sliding scale self-declare forms and notifies Outreach worker and notifies clinic manager of patients needing financial counseling.
- Knowledge of check scanner and credit card machine.
- Tallies copay received for the daily encounter report.
- Checks and balances cash drawer: maintains no overages or shortages.
- Reports problems or irregularities to clinic manager
- Monitors waiting room for movement of patients
- Keeps waiting room neat and orderly
- Other duties or assignments as requested by supervisor or management
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Retirement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org