Health First CHC
Full-time, 40 hours per week
A degree in public health, health education, communications or related program preferred; Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish); The ability and willingness to interact with others in both a small and large group setting is essential. Must possess a true desire to help others and display compassion and empathy in day-to-day activities. Strong computer skills with proficiencies in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and internet-based applications. On the job training provided. Reliable transportation, valid Drivers’ License and willingness to travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, i.e. plan, coordinate and prepare for community events
- Provide healthcare and health insurance enrollment and application assistance
- Build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations
- Assist with preparation and gathering of various reports
- Assist patients in completing sliding fee schedule applications and ensure proper documentation is provided
- Provide medication assistance for qualifying patients per partnering pharmacy and prescription assistance programs
- Community education on various medical outreach and educational programs
- Participate in community activities to heighten health awareness
- Assist patients in obtaining necessary resources such as food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- Assist with arranging transportation as needed for families to access healthcare.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Medical, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Retirement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org